Whatch'ya Lookin For?

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Challenge Day 1

In order to get use to this whole taking photos thing, I am doing a 30 day challenge.
This one, to be exact.
I don't even know what some of those fancy words mean, but that's OK. I'll learn and figure it out.
If you notice day one, you will see the word self-portrait.
Now that's tricky, you see. I signed up to take pictures of other things and other people.
After a lot of hemming and hawing, I chose to take pictures in our bedroom for a variety of reasons: 

1. I could get some decent light
2. I like the color on our walls
3. I could be alone with the awkwardness that involves taking a photo of yourself

At first it was really awkward. Like really, really awkward.
(I promised the bad, so we can laugh together, remember?)





ugh.
It's a little difficult to post such bad pictures, but I did promise.

Then, eventually, it got a little better.
And a little more fun too.

And not so awkward.



 So this little diddy above is my first official photo for my 30 day challenge. 

Things I have learned through this process already:

1. It's gonna be a lot work and a lot of practice
2. Change lenses quickly
3. Be ware of dogs licking your lens. True Story
3.A. I need to invest in something to clean my lens
4. Editing takes a long time
5. I like playing with the contrast
6. I gotta build up some confidence behind the lens and in front of the lens

All in a hard days work
 

1 comment:

  1. Those are super cute pictures! Yea! I'm happy you are having so much fun with your new camera :)

    ReplyDelete